Awesome Stampin’ UP! Framelit storage Idea
Posted In: Big Shot, Crafts, fabric, Framelits, organization
Comments: One Response
I am a visual person and believe if it’s out of sight it’s out of mind. Especially as I approach the big 5-0! Also I can be a bit lazy and opening and closing the DVD cases I had the sets of framelits and edgelits in was one step too many!
So what to do, what to do??
I am blessed at Craft World to have a big shot station. So I employed two of my favorite tools – artist canvas and wreath hangers!
I think I can up with a simple and easy solution. BUT.. read for my tips on what I do and will do the next time. Do as I say not as I did!!!
1. Comfort Cafe Fabric
2. Big Shot Bigz Typeset Alphabet
3. paper Daises
4. Midnight Muse Dahlia
5. Midnight Muse Stitched Satin Ribbon
6. Midnight Muse Cardstock
7. Hot Glue Gun
8. Artist canvas (mine is 18 x 24)
9. Magnets (The stronger the better)
10. Wreath Hanger
1. Iron fabric of choice to remove any wrinkles
2. Starting at top of board hot glue fabric to board making sure that you have fabric to wrap around to back
3. Turn board over and miter corner and hot glue edges to back of board
4. Embellish as desired adhering embellishments with hot glue
5. Hot glue magnets on – I did not measure the distance – I simply placed and glue. I don’t and didn’t stress about perfect lines because once it was full of framelits and edgelits who knows if the lines are straight?
6. Use the crop a dile or other tool to punch holes in corners
7. Thread ribbon through – not as seen
8. Hang on Wreath holder (LOVE THESE THINGS!!!)
9. Add your edgelits and framelits
10. Enjoy easy access t your edgelits and framelits.
**Mine is not pressed well and I did not glue the fabric to the board on the front just the back - hence my wrinkles and pulling – DON”T do it this way.. see instructions above based on my learning curve!
I placed it on the floor to try and get a better picture of the wreath hanger.