Stampin’ UP! New Stampin’ Spritzer – FREE STORAGE GIVE AWAY Week #2 How to make your own Shimmer Glimmer Mist
Posted In: Big Shot, FREE, Give Away, Happy Hour, organization, shimmer paint, Stampin' Spritzer
Comments: 2 Responses
Congratulations to week #1 Winner – Amanda B
WANT TO WIN ONE TOO??? – CLICK HERE or Check out the details after the tip & sample – I have 3 more to give away!
Many of you have asked for the resource for this fun holder – sadly the manufacturer has discontinued them. We have found them on Amazon, Ebay, Tooters and LCMB a chemical supply company.
If you want to shop around a little do a google search of Test Tube Holders, Test Tube Shots (no judging!!). There were lots of variations out there. I wanted a clear one and one I could embellish!
TODAY’s Spritzer Sample and Tip Features How to make your own Shimmer/Glimmer Mist!
SHIMMER MIST – As with any combination – the key is experimentation there is no “exact” recipe. It’s like seasoning when you cook – season to taste!
1. Fill Stampin’ Spritzer with Rubbing Alcohol 3/4 full
2. Shake your Shimmer paint to make sure it’s thoroughly mixed
3. Remove cap and slowly add a little Shimmer Paint to your Stampin’ Spritzer (remember you can always add more)
4. Shake Stampin’ Spritzer – test on scrap piece of cardstock – if happy YEAH! – if not add more shimmer paint until you are
5. Store vertically and remember to shake before use as the heavier Shimmer Paint Settles.
1. Practice – it has a very powerful “squirt” so practice with pressure and practice with how close to the cardstock/project to hold it. The further away the finer the mist
2. I noticed the shimmer mixture seemed heavy compared to just reinker and water and was more likely to do a bird poop imitation on my paper when held too close
3. Don’t just use on cardstock. For my bottle tag I sprayed direct to the stamp as the only “ink” on the stamp and then stamped my image
HAPPY HOUR BOTTLE TAG -
Everything Eleanor Stamp Set (Shimmer Mist direct to label image), Happy Hour Stamp Brush, Circle Punch, Crumb Cake Cardstock, Basic Black Cardstock, Cherry Cobbler Cardstock, World Spectacular Designer Paper, Basic Gray Stitched Grosgrain, Cherry Cobbler Brads, Silver Embossing Powder, Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder, Frost White Shimmer Paint/Alcohol Stampin’ Spritzer,
CONGRATULATIONS – Hard to see the Shimmer Mixture on the flowers, you can see some spots on the Gray Cardstock.
SUPPLIES – Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set, Bitty Banner Framelits, Floral Frames Framelits, Assorted texture Folders, Whisper White Cardstock, Basic Gray Cardstock, Vintage Faceted Button, Basic Gray Taffeta, white embossing powder.
SO WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO FOR A CHANCE TO WIN?
Enter as often as you like EACH WEEK
Pick one, Pick two, Pick All of these ways to enter!
1. Pin anything from ANY post on my blog to www.pinterest.com – use handy Pin button on each post
2. If you are not on my mailing list join my mailing list – use box at right
3. Leave a comment on any post on my blog
4. Like my Facebook Page – CLICK HERE
5. Follow Me on Pinterest – CLICK HERE
6. Subscribe to my RSS feed to be notified when I update my blog
CHECK BACK EACH OF THE FOLLOWING TUESDAYS for the Winner and a New Tip/Techniques
TUESDAY June 12th – Winner – Amanda B
TUESDAY June 19th
TUESDAY June 26th
TUESDAY July 2nd